Saturday 30 April 2022

Allez Les Français!

1:1 scale painting has once again derailed my hobbying time over the last week but a few things have gotten done. 

Les Français commencent!

 

 First off, my Officer Colonel Jean-Hippolyte Gavreau de Laframboise and his Junior Officer, Captaine Abelard Beaumanoir, Baron de Laffitte. 

 Next is one of the French Army's foremost, and most mysterious Supernatural Investigators, Lieutenant Jean-Paul Chateaubriand. In his sneaky brown cloak and face wrap, it's only his officer's hat that gives him away.

And finally, we add a Line Infantryman from the French Army's Wurtemburger Regiment, Fusilier Georg Bitterlich, and the unit's Native Scout, Cosaque Zhanteimir Nezdiymynoha.   

So that's five down so far, and I've started on two more infantrymen, one from the Portuguese Legion, and an Engineer. Then I'll get into the cavalry!

Platoon a Month

So I've still got a platoon of greatcoat infantry and my greatcoat mortars to do and I still can't face them (which is alarming given the recent arrival of a new 15mm project....) so I cracked into some Bradleys. 

 

These are two platoons of two M2A2 Bradley Scouts for a Bradley Armoured Cavalry company for Team Yankee. It's a formation that I kind of love where the core is 5 Bradleys and 4 M1A1 Abrams. Is it good? No, not really. do I love it? Yes.  

I've also only got one more Bradley and a pair of Cobras to finally finish all the TY US stuff I think I'm likely to want to do.

Next Time

I'll be taking the Teutonic Order out for another run so we'll see how that goes. I'll also start working on my Platoon a Month for May given that I'll need them for an event in June! It'll be me in another solid round of Turrets are for Chumps in a Flames of War event.

No comments:

Post a Comment