Saturday 20 April 2024

What the Mycenaeans called 'iqiya' in Linear B

Chariots! The lexicon for words associated with chariots alone in Mycenaean Linear B script is very long but a bit of casual googling and some research paper reading later, I have learned the Mycenaean word. And here they are:  

I finished up painting the last of the infantry this weekend. The Heavy Spear were a real challenge to get based as they're SO close-formed but they worked out in the end. I have a funny feeling that when I have played a couple of a games I'll get a really good look at all the mistakes there are from working polyfilla and paint inbetween the spearmen and I'll have a few shields to fix and gaps to cover in the basing material. 

Overall, the palette is fairly limited which made getting it painted easier and is probably a lesson for future projects in 15mm. The black and white cowhide has definitely given the army some pop and presence and I'm stoked with how that came out across the army. All told though, super happy and can't wait to get it on the park in three weeks or so. Still really unsure if it's any good but that's a future me problem.

And a random single model

My roleplaying group will be finishing up our Dragonlance DnD adventure fairly soon and the plan is to give the 40K version of WFRP, Imperium Maledictum, a burl. I'm going down a route where I don't tend to go and trying out a sneaky rogue character. This chap: 



will be my Ordo Hereticus Penumbra - an Acolyte of an Inquisitor who sneaks about the place looking for evidence of heresy. Quite why he's off doing this thing for a patron outside the Ordo is currently a secret between the DM and I but the party members will discover it relatively quickly I suspect. He does not yet have a name but I'm pondering that at the moment.

Our DM has intimated that life is fairly cheap in this game and the possibility that we're going to lose PCs is very real so I am going to use this as a motivator to paint the Inquisition Kill Team box. If this one dies, an increasingly unhinged series of Acolytes will follow, each time radically altering the play experience.

Next Time

It's our games club's annual competition weekend so I'll be blogging late on Sunday or Monday. It'll probably be a bit of an album of the weekend and a quick review of how my Italians go.

No comments:

Post a Comment