Saturday 5 October 2024

Earthquake workbench

Stupid earthquake waking me up at 0508 in the morning. It was a biggie and a damned inconsiderate start to the day.Put a bit of a dent in the productivity plan for the day too which was entirely vexing as I've got a wee project I'm working on for club day next weekend! 

More Menite Basileans

First? a set of ridiculous wings applied to the back of my Exemplar Bastions to make them into Elohi. I went for something slightly absurd to make the "this can fly" vibe super clear:  


Secondly, the thing I really didn't want to do and a random day off gave me the nudge to get it done. The Exemplar cavalry has all been rebased into Paladin cavalry: 

 

They've come up well and were, even compared to some of the smaller models, easier to get off their bases but SO much more of a pain to mount. There's a bit of cleanup on some fill to do on the feet but that's a tomorrow problem.

One base to finish - just waiting on four more pairs of wings from my friendly neighbourhood 3D printer and the army and project will be done, never to be thought about again, just played with and enjoyed. We've got a 1750 point one-day Good vs Evil narrative day coming up in November and I've got a couple of lists for Basileans I want to try, one of which needs all those cavalry! 

And then?

 

This is a lovely 3D print done by my friendly neighbourhood 3D printer Che, over at Potbelly Miniatures, and will be coming out to play in an upcoming Shadowrun campaign as streetsam Zoya Viktorivka Markovna, one of a pair of bountyhunters, alongside her baby sister Yevah Oleksandrivka who's a talented witch and will be played by Blogger Pooch. 

I went for the white cyberware off the back of using a bit of contrast paint for the fine details on the skin and I kind of love how it came out (given my initial plan was for bone) and it's been great fun to try and bend the character creation to fit the model (and I've made some very suboptimal build choices but I don't care.)

Next Time

I've got another game of 10e against Blogger Pel's Blood Angels (which I expect will go VERY badly) and getting the Basileans out too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment