Saturday 1 September 2018

A few construction projects

Honestly, I'm trying to get back into the habit of this. I've not been spending a lot of time with the brushes in the last little while and have been looking for a bit of inspiration. I'm hoping getting back to blogging about the things I'm working on will be it.

So a couple of the magpies got into their heads that given we have been known to play Dead Mans Hand and In Her Majesty's Name, we should probably look at Dracula's America as well. After a read of the rules, it looks very cool, so I set about pondering what I could do with my existing collection of Mexican banditos and peons. I had a couple of monks floating around that looked like they'd make good cultists (a robe is a robe right?) with a bit of a repaint, but to play Crossroads Cult, I needed a Harbinger - a demon who takes human-ish form to 'help' the Cult summon demons. Cue some spare Ungor horns and a giant rat tail provided by Pooch:

NO! You must summon harder! 
My other little project is a GW easy-build Primaris Reiver. I've been meaning to get one for ages and a recent game of Kill Team with Scotty and Pooch convinced me he'd be a good add. It's simple enough to DW-ify - I filed down the right pauldron, till I could slot a normal marine shoulder pad over it and for the left arm, I was looking to replace the shoulder with a normal marine shoulder when I realised that a Reiver combat knife is about the same length as a normal marine's power sword. So I just added a power sword.
Hippity hoppity, where's my property?
He's going to do triple duty - he'll go in the Fortis Kill Team in my 40k Deathwatch army and likely make the field as part of a Deathwatch Kill Team in Kill Team (how many times can I say Kill Team in a sentence?). He will also appear in our groups upcoming canned 40k 'Wrath and Glory' RPG. My little Inquisition collection is producing four of the six PCs. Which reminds me, I better paint a guardsman!

Now, in a feature I'm shamelessly borrowing from Tim over at Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog (along with his impressive capacity for posting!), I'm going to try putting in a next time thing to make me actually post something.

Next time: 
Some piccies of my recently completed Batman Brave and the Bold crew, complete with Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Green Arrow and a few other comic book faves. And a lot of policemen. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment