Saturday 4 September 2021

Pooch's August update

And with that, August is gone too. For NZ, August finished up with a COVID lockdown, as the country experienced got it's first taste of the Delta variant.

It created much more work, but did mean that I did a bit more painting at home. A catch-22 to be sure... 

1. Finish a table of terrain

I ran out of the spray paints I used for my Frostgrave buildings, so I have a set downstairs fully built, waiting on lockdown level changes to allow me to pick up what I need.

In the interim, I painted TWO DUMPSTERS. I know, be excited.


2. Play a game a month

Managed this one early on in the month, playing yet another game of Victory at Sea. This time, the Royal Navy and US Navy joined together to fight against the Kriegsmarine. We sank a lot of cruisers, got suprised by U-Boats and unsuccessfully trying to sink the Bismark.

I was clearly too busy hunting the cruisers to take any photos!

3. Finish a 1,500 point 40k army

More progress here, first up a squad of six Retributors, equipped with Heavy Bolters.

The whole squad

The four Heavy Bolters

Sister Superior, Simaraculum Imperialis (Flag) and two Cherubs

A Dogmata and a Dialogus, because praying extra hard to Emperor gives the army extra boosts!

Dogmata (left) and Dialogus (right)

And last but not least, a tidy up and a rebase of a Callidus Assassin!

Just in case you want something really murdered

Well on track to achieve this goal, next up is more Sisters and a Rhino!

4. Finish armies that I have part started

A slightly different tack with this one, during lockdown I remembered that I had a few Titans left to build and paint. First up, a Warhound Titan bringing me up to a total of five, for a full Lupercal maniple!

Many logos showing devotion to Legio Astorum

Vulcan Mega-bolter and Inferno Gun

And on the base, some Blood Angels bikers tangle with some Plaugebearers

5. Buy, build and play a new game

I got a bit jealous of those other Regimenters having ships to paint during lockdown, so I picked up the USS Missouri

Mighty Mo!

But that didn't last that long- it really doesn't take long to paint these ships. Luckily for me, an order I had done a month or two ago arrived as well, containing more ships! 

USS Sangamon, USS West Virginia and USS St Louis

This set are 3d printed from Shapeways, and are absolutely stellar quality. I built bases from MDF with permafill waves, and I am astounded by the quality.

Guess that means I need to buy more of them?


Acceptable progress, keep going.....

No comments:

Post a Comment