Saturday 4 September 2021

Lockdown Workbench #3

 So. Two and a half weeks into this lockdown and it's looking promising that we might have knocked this delta outbreak on the head, which is good. Waiting patiently till tomorrow to find out if we're going to lower the alert levels further and maybe, just maybe, get back to some gaming soon.

I'm also completely out of black primer now, having used up the last of it on a couple of optimistic projects for this week coming up. I have done a bit of painting this week although not as much as I would have liked.  

 Warhammer 40K

Two single figures done this week. 

First, Janus Drake, the second to last Blackstone Fortress model I acquired. He'll be going into the mix as a Stargrave Rogue. The last one is Gotfred de Montbard - painting him will give me a unit of 4 Crusaders for my Imperial Guard. That's going to be funny.

Second, a Phobos Librarian. This guy is intended for (if we're lucky) for our stage 3 40K Slow Grow. It's a sweet model and I think the tiger stripes that I use on all my 40K camo have come out really well on the camo cloak. He'll be an interesting add to the Deathwatch forces I think.

 Victory at Sea

 


So the first finish this week was the RM Pola, the largest of my Cruisers in the Regia Marina fleet. It's a very nice model this one and I enjoyed painting it very much. I also didn't mind the candy stripes, even with the amount of swears that may have come out each time I got ratty about what had been a promisingly straight line. 

 

The second finished ship is the imaginary RM Aquila. Italy didn't expect it's navy to be operating too far from land so the RM Aquila was started, but never finished. I was planning on making a transfer for the back deck but I cannot, for love nor money, find the transfer paper I bought in the dim dark past so just resorted to masking tape and I'm not altogether unhappy. It's straight enough. 

Next Time

I'll have my Regia Marina battleships done. The base coats are already down and it's just the second washes, highlights and the candy striping to do. If we're still in lockdown, it'll be some random models from the random pile of things that are in the queue now....

No comments:

Post a Comment