Saturday 28 August 2021

Lockdown Workbench #2

 It's genuinely all over the shop this week. For some reason I got frustrated at myself for having some things in the queue that have been there for WAY TOO LONG and decided to get some things finished.

Victory at Sea

 

Luigi Cadorna on the right, Etna on the left.

Two more ships have been added to the Regia Marina this week - the RM Etna and the RM Luigi Cadorna. These were pretty easy paints and I'm genuinely really happy with how the bows are coming out now. I'm getting the hand of painting reasonably even stripes and getting the colour pretty consistent. I've been looking for things on the ships that add a bit of colour so the lifeboats on the Luigi Cadorna were a nice little colour point on the sides. 

I've parked the RM Aquila until I can find the transfer paper I bought back in the day and can make the marking for the deck as I don't want to paint it.

Warhammer 40K

Lord Commissar

This guy was one I picked up to add another HQ choice for my Imperial Guard. He's been sitting around for ages waiting to be done which, given it's mostly black, is an embarassing lack of effort on my part. Grrr.

Necromunda

 

Note FIREHAT

These are the last five gangers for my Necromunda collection (excepting some Sheen Birds and a Stig-shambler when those come out) and I've made up a couple who'll get painted red, to be more Redemptionists, including the one with a melee weapon and the Pyromantic Mantle (otherwise known as FIREHAT!)

Flames of War

 

Sentinels!

PIATs

Getting these done has reminded me that I'd actually really like to play my Pacific War Australians. It'll do a big old proxy for Late War British with a Canadian Command Card to give them 3+ Rally, which I think is a fair reflection of the determination shown by the Australians in the Pacific. I still need to put some turret markings on the Sentinels and get some unit badges for the front right fenders.

It needs one more add in to complete a viable list and that's air support. There is a 1/144 PBY-5 Catalina kit (and the RAAF flew Catalinas in the war) and I've decided that, in the vein of my AC-130, I'm going to do another silly air support choice. I'm also going to pick up some Matilda IIs and convert those to Frogs (as a Churchill Crocodile proxy) and I need to get hold of a resin Battlefront Honey Stuart (my M3s in the Pacific will proxy as LW M5 Stuarts) to have a platoon of 4 tanks.


I also finished up my 251/Ds - this was in the hope of going to FlamesCon in Auckland in October but methinks that's somewhat unlikely at this point. I'm still trying to decide if I want to put some foilage on them. I suspect I should - the rest of the army has it.

Next Time

Good question. I'm short of black primer at the moment, which is definitely putting a crimp in my style and of my plans. There'll be more boats, almost certainly, and I have a couple of obvious 40K jobs sitting on the painting table waiting to be done that are already primed so probably those. And hopefully NZ has managed to find the edges of this COVID outbreak and we'll be back to gaming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment