Saturday 31 July 2021

Workbench, recovered

 So I've had a bit more painting time this week and a bit more of the desire to pick up a brush after powering through finishing an army for Panzerschreck.

 Finishing up last week

I got all the Veterans done, which didn't take long as it was really three bolt pistols, a power fist, a chainsword and a single shoulder pauldron but they are done.

Then, on to the slowgrow. I first added the Attack Bike to my bike squad, which is going to be great fun as it's a new style multi-melta and those are great!

The bike kit is showing it's age a bit at this stage in the proceedings but it still looks good enough and I think I owe Blogger Pooch a serious thank you for digging out an 80mm round base for me as I can't stand the idea that this would have sat flat on the table in a unit with bikes in it! 

And the leader of the second stage of my slow grow, Chaplain Tarquinius, who has arrived on Thracium VII with a Primaris Venator Kill Team to find out what happened to Phobos Lieutenant Athreos.

I'm aiming for dropping in my Spectrus Kill Team and Invictus Warsuit and having the Veteran bikers and the Venator Kill Team ride to the rescue lead by a VERY angry man on a VERY big motor bike. I thought about painting the whole helmet in bone, like I think I was supposed to, but the face came out in bone without me really trying so I decided to leave it that way. Also the Spiritstone technical red comes out SO well with a bone outline. 

MOAR WORKBENCH

I decided it was time to move some other things off the shelf of projects, so I've started assembling some more armour for my TY forces, notably some M2 Bradleys and some M1 Abrams.

The Bradleys are going to be M2A2/M3A2s just because I like the look better but I'll happily play them as M2s as well. Not sure which M1s I'm going to build yet, I've just done the base of the hull at this point. I'm tempted to do the M1A1 (I haven't got the little resin box to make them M1A1HC) just for the look of the thing too. We'll see - if I decide to extend those side skirts, the decision will be made!

Next Time

I'll be finishing up the 1000 point slowgrow army with a couple of Assault Intercessors and an Outrider, or maybe two depending on how the final Kill Team makeup goes. I've also started working on a second winter Grenadier platoon and plotting a possible Flames list for a competition in October that'll require finally buying a bunch of Pumas and some SdKfz 250s. As lists go, it's all sorts of dumb and I'm REALLY keen to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment