Saturday 24 July 2021

Sunday workbench

 Slowgrow 40K

Bit of a workbench this week as I've started on the next bits I need for our slowgrow 40K that I'll need for late August. 

First off, a munging of an old Apothecary and a Primaris Infiltrator to make a Helix Adept for my Spectrus Kill Team. Given how badly my Infiltrators got munted in our last narrative game, this guy will be joining the narrative to bring some of them back from the dead and find out what happened to Phobos Lieutenant Athreos.  

The slowgrow commander for part II will be a Primaris Outrider Chaplain. I love this model and I decided that he is going to be leading the Venator troops that will arrive to reinforce KT Kallaphrax.

And joining the three bikers that are going in the slowgrow is my favourite of Space Marine vehicles other than the classic Land Speeder, the Attack Bike:

I've still got to add another Outrider and some Assault Intercessors to my second Kill Team but auction sites will provide! 

Early days with mostly just basecoats on but once I get the washes on and then start tidying up the black, these models come together really quickly.

And upgrades...

I decided to replace some of the weapons on my Veterans, notably taking the shields off my Blackshields and giving them more swords but pretty happy with the swap. Most of the rest are getting bolt pistols.

So not a lot going on with them but a job that's been hanging around in the queue for a while. 

Next Time

This stuff will be done and I found my weathering powder, so I've got some PaK40s to finish up too. I've got some repair work on my StuG company where I pillaged it for foilage so I'll get those redone too and maybe, just for grins, paint the 5th Puma I now own. Yes, an odd number of Pumas. Because that means PUMA COMPANY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment