Saturday 18 June 2022

Pooch's May update

Ok, so last blog I was early, this blog I am even later than my usual late blog posts each month!

But I hear the question you are asking, did my lateness translate to progress?

1. Paint a platoon of DAK each month

I ended up having a very busy month of painting all of the things for Silver Bayonet (read on dear reader if you want to know more about that!), so I opted for a simple painting project for this month, a Bison platoon, comprising of 2 Bison!

"Just the two of us, we can make it if we try...."

They are neat models, with a 15cm gun, married to a lengthened Panzer II chassis. Will they be effective? Maybe? But do they look good? Heck yea!

I'm pretty close to the full completed army for Panzershrek army, assuming I don't change the list again!

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

In deciding to make the Silver Bayonet my game of the month, I decided that I should have enough monsters to play any of the scenarios in the rule book. Handily, somebody had built an excel spreadsheet of exactly what was needed for each scenario, so then I got to work sourcing miniatures! The models came from a variety of sources, some from Games Workshop, some from the excellent Nulzor's range, some from Oathmark or Northstar or just from the spares box I have at home. I didn't manage to complete the whole list, but I did manage to paint a whole lot more....

 

12 Bandits- 3d Prints from Highland Miniatures

Demon (GW), Possessed (Northstar), Changeling and Living Scarecrow (both Nulzors)
 
Vampire bats (GW), Ghoul (Asgard Rising), Black Dog (Zenit), Living Armour and Pixie (GW)

Ghosts (GW) and Vampires (Highland Miniatures)

Wolves (Oathmark) and Hobgoblin (GW)

I still have a few more things to do (more wolves mainly, plus some goblins and another werewolf), but I will finish those up when it comes time in the year to work through the solo campaign.

3. Finish up a table of terrain

And what would Silver Bayonet month be without a table of terrain to go with it? I have had a couple of old-timey wooden frame buildings for the better part of three years sitting there unpainted, with one in need of some serious repair. I painted them up, adding a fountain and trees from my spares, then adding on walls and cobbled roads from Battlekiwi, and then the scatter terrain from Warcradle Studio's Gloomsburg terrain too.

The net result? A great purpose built 3x3 Silver Bayonet table!

The table (this is a 4x3)

A closer look at the fountains and the buildings

Creepy tree is creepy

How do you know we are in France? Because the village has a guillotine

Wagon stuck in a swamp... hope there is no Black Dog around!

Wanted posters, painted by me on some Gloomsburg terrain

So, that's a brand new table of terrain painted in a month. I am really enjoying painting terrain, maybe I am sick....

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

I promised a solid plan this month, and it was Silver Bayonet!

I have managed to do the write up for two games so far, but there were two more games that I have potential narratives for....

Game One

Game Two

I'll likely play through the solo scenarios as one of my month's later in the year too!

5. Paint a new historical army

To round out Silver Bayonet month, I did also finish up a bunch of new figures for my Prussian forces, with most of them being historical, albeit with a couple of exceptions....

The historical ones: Musketeers, Sapper, Officer and Jager

The less historical ones: Hussar, Veteran Hunter, Swordsman, Supernatural Investigator, Doctor, Occultist

I am really enjoying Silver Bayonet. It's FOR SURE going to feature again this year!

A themed month? Let this madness continue!

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment