Saturday 20 August 2022

We're Going to Need a Bigger Gun

So I took on a bit of a challenge this week to maybe kinda sorta clear out something I added to the pile and do all the other things that go in the pile with it so it's a German armoured vehicle kinda week.

 Finishing up my Volksgrenadiers

First job was the Brigade Panthers, which are another new BF plastic kit.


These are great kits, they go together like a dream and frankly, the bits left over off the sprues is insane. I have more track links than I'll ever need! I've only ever owned and used Panthers once before in the dim dark past so these ones don't have a lot to live up to.

Secondly were the Brigade StuGs. These came from my original 653 Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung from v.AA (Ages Ago) and used to be StuHs. Mercifully, I still had a set of StuG barrels in my bits box so they got replaced, a few bits of chipped resin got puttied, a quick tidyup of the paint and here we are.

Given my Summer StuGs are the old unique resin kits from the dim dark past, these ones got a few bits added to the back decks just to make them look a bit more colourful. Also, the Tamiya weathering powder on these ones came out super well - it looks patchy and streaky, exactly the kind of vibe I was looking for supporting my snowy/springy infantry!

Bigger Guns

The joy that comes out of the new Panther box is that is also makes Jagdpanthers.

So I made Jagdpanthers, Blogger Scotty has offered me a third, which means JAGDPANTHER COMPANY. Will it be good? Certainly not. Will I play the bejeebus out of it? Absolutely.

And since I was painting nine other German vehicles, and the middle, zimmeritted, Tiger was in the pile, it got done too. I have this idea that there's a Storm Grenadier army with three Tigers in it and I only had two. So now I have three. Woo!

And then?

This little gem came out of the pile too:

Ever since the v3 KG Graebner list, I've wanted to paint and play KG Graebner and where to start with a list that's so demented I couldn't get it to work? The man himself. This isn't BFs original KG Graebner, but a convenient Humber scout car that I found in a box of Blogger Scotty's so figured that was somewhere to begin. KG Graebner will, I suspect, fall out of a bunch of other plans which, when I've completed, will mean buying a couple of 231s and I'll be done.

Also, I flocked all my painted but unbased Renaissance Spanish:

Just because I could. No idea how I ploughed through this much stuff. One day off work minding tradies shouldn't be this productive?! Oh, yeah, I know. Umpteen days of almost uninterrupted rain. That'll do it.

Next Time

It's club day. I'll be taking my Volksgrenadiers out for a run so we'll see how that goes and now that I've done a bunch of Flames stuff, I think a return to some 28mm and some Renaissance painting for a bit will be in order.

1 comment: