Saturday 11 February 2023

Workbench....

 Bit of a miscellany of 28mm stuff for the last few weeks:

Lets start with a callback. Blogger Scotty has convinced a bunch of us to give the new 40K Boarding Actions a go (alongside giving the second edition of Kill Team a punt) and so I've dug out my Imperial Guard and are bringing them up to date to get into both of these. The new codex (Shocked? Me? No.) has removed heavy weapon teams from Cadian squads so I've managed to cobble together enough spare models with a rapidly approaching out-of-production Command Squad box and my bits box to make up the necessary bits. 

I've added three new special weapon troopers, the same again in regular troopers, a new model to the Command Squad (and noting that, even with new codex blergh vibes, I love the design choice to make the Command Squad an HQ unit with the officer built in) and, off to one side, a Cadian with a Needle Rifle because you can have that in Kill Team, but not in 40K! 

Secondly, I painted a unit of Bullgryns, completing my collection of Imperial Permitted Abhumans (alongside my Ratlings and Imperial Beastmen!): 

These are some of the BEST models GW has in the Imperial Guard range. I have a soft spot for the metal Ogryns that came out in 2e but I don't love the plastic Ogryns in this kit. I do, however, love the Bullgryns. The tracklink armour, jerry cans as water bottles and the sheer mass filling out the volume really gives away the sense of scale of these chonky bois. 

I took them out for a run in a Boarding Action at our last club day but I'll save the thoughts on that for next week!

I'm also working on my fourth to last (!) unpainted Underworlds Warband, The Dread Pageant. 

I'm enjoying building the palette on this one. I'm borrowing pretty heavily from stock but then tinkering moreso than usual when I do that and I like where it's going. This one looks like a really curly one to run as the models in it seem to want to hover between alive and dead for as long as possible. Should be a really interesting challenge to run. 

Next Time

My finished Kasrkin and some thoughts on Boarding Actions as a way to play 40K.

No comments:

Post a Comment