Saturday 19 August 2023

A miscelleny of stuff

 So have I finished the Breachers yet? No. Have I done more? Yes!

This was a fun set to do and the axe haft being bright red is just all sorts of silly. Made me happy though. I think I've cracked the methodology for doing them now so should be able to finish the first squad and smash out the second fairly swiftly.

In a burst of productivity, I also finished the basing for my first 400 points of Wallachians:

The other half of the 8 Light Horse bases, followed by my necessary fortifications (I mean Levy):
 

and finally the Boyars and Viteji who I'm going to initially run as Medium Cavalry Impetuous Elite which I suspect will be very bad.

So that leaves me with just a couple of bases of Heavy Knight 'Crusaders' to paint which I've done the horses and metals and am just thinking about how to provide a bit of 'mercenary' to them so they're not the red / brown / black of the rest of the army. 

To finish up today's blog of peculiar things, I am planning on attending a Flames of War competition in about six weeks and have spent a whack of time lately pondering options for lists being somewhat driven by what's been on the shelf demanding attention and so, I have decided that I'm going to run these:

Yeep. Jagdtigger. So I'll be playing a Berlin German Clausewitz company with quite the collection of random stuff. I think it'll be pretty fun and has the potential to be weirdly good. It probably *won't* be but hey, it's getting me to paint my Jagdtigers! 

Next Time

We're playing a short Silver Bayonet campaign with the new Carpathia book so Colonel Jean-Hipolytte Gavreau de la Framboise will be leading his charges, including the finest German in the French Army, into battle. I'll also be aiming to finish up the other two Jagdtigers and probably keep grinding on the Breachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment