Tuesday 31 October 2023

Pooch's October update

October is gone too, this is really, really ridiculous. But still, the painting train continues, and this blog is much more on time. So... I'll take that as a win!

1. Paint a platoon for Flames of War

This month was some odds and sods to finish up my second Afrika Rifle Platoon...

An HMG and a command stand to be exact....

But also painted up some of the 3d Breed DAK that I had Potbelly print for me, to add a couple of extra teams to enable me to use my DAK as an early war army- namely a 50mm mortar and an anti-tank rifle.

Much like everything Potbelly prints for me, they have come out an absolute treat.



More DAK next month I think, as I need to paint up more things for Remember December this year!

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

First up this month is a new model for Marvel Crisis Protocol- or more, three models!

I have actually had these on my painting table for some time, but the models kept breaking on me, and my level of frustration got so high that I very nearly considered never finishing them. The realisation that I didn't have any other Marvel models to replace them meant that I did finish them this month!

So dynamic

So fragile


Rolling with a bit of a Wild West theme this month, I also finished up a couple of Daughters of the West from 3d Breed and printed by Potbelly Miniatures, which I plan on using for Dead by Lead.

Two pistols and a Repeater rifle!

I'm really happy with them


3. Finish up a piece of terrain

Continuing in the Wild West as last month, I built up another one of the brilliant 4Ground kits I had lying around. I've got two more to go before I have them all assembled, so I reckon I might try and do one a month for the next two months to finish them off.

Such a cool looking building

Can't have a jailbreak without a jail cell!

And to further add to the Wild West experience, I also finished up these 3d printed boxes and crates from Battlekiwi.

Simple paintjob, but scatter terrain is so damn useful!

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

As you saw in McZ's review, we played the really fun game, Dead by Lead. 

We deliberately set ourselves a simple "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" type game, wehere all we were doing was trying to kill each other. Read his review if you want the detail, in short, we really enjoyed it.

I do love my Wild West terrain!

3d Breed Cowboy, looking cool

The Cavalry Sgt dealing to on of McZ's Scouts with knife

The result of a VERY silly gunbattle
The dimwit with the Repeater Rifle came up trumps in the end....

It's a great game, I'm already lining up the next game!

5. Paint a Hundred Years War French Army for ADLG

Paint one base for ADLG

And so, the last push on painting up a whole mess of Knights begins- stripy lances for the win!





Paint one Knight for ADLG

I figured I'd better paint up my last commander too, adding further to the push to get more Knights done!

On a prancing pony no less!


Paint up an army of 15mm Celts

You know how I said I wanted to finish my 15mm Celt army in October? 

Well, I did it...

Here is the army in all it's glory!

And some close ups of the things I finished this month....
Two bases of Soldurii, you can tell it's them by the dogs!

Two more generals

Some heavy cavalry

And a base with a certain call back to a certain RPG campaign....

Potbelly Miniatures have done a phenomenal job in printing all of these for me, they have come up an absolute treat. I really should get them out for a game!


Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment