Saturday 2 December 2023

Sunday workbench

It's been a quiet weekend in the windup towards the festive season as I've just been pottering around, tidying my painting desk and getting ready for a bit of dedicated work over the holidays.

 Some Success

I've finished some Spanish! 

 

These two Medium Cavalry Carbine might, if I'm honest, be the most useless thing I could have painted. They're not in the starter list I was planning for, which is kind of stupid but I decided they were easier than starting a Tercio! But it does mean that I have some options if I can get the Kiel and one of the two Tercio done, then I have a list I can field while I suffer through the third Tercio....

I've also rebased some Nighthaunts I found as a unit of LgInf Butchers:

 
The unit I wanted to use for this is out of stock pretty well everywhere so I gave up and prepared for a different outcome. Our friendly 3D printer over at Potbelly Miniatures is making me some more basing material so that massive grind will finalkly get done over the break methinks!

Things I was going to take photos of...

...but it's absolutely chucking it down today so priming is incomplete.  I've also done a bunch of other prep for the Christmas break - built and started priming some M551 Sheridans (a gift from Blogger Pooch) that I'll use in 7DttRR - a game for '24); all the Chianrasps I need for two Hordes in my Kings odf War Nightstalkers and finished off a couple of models for Necromunda (a game I need to play again in the new year.) 

 I've also spent a bunch of time reorganising huge whack of my model storage, something that's been quite pressing now we're living in a much smaller space! One of my gaming clubmates, who's a dab hand with a laser, is doing some really solid work developing some stackable storage trays for me and when they're done, I'll definitely share the immensely satisfying moment of all my 15mm Flames models in their storage trays. The test set was SO pleasing. 

Next Time

It's Remember December at our gaming club and I'll be making hoon hoon noises with my Italian Motociclisti. It won't go well but we'll have fun and that's the important thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment