1. Paint a new 40k Army- progress!
I was lucky enough to get a good starter from a friend for this army, and managed to get the first two test models done. So without further delay, here is the start of my Imperial Guard Krieg Army!
|Commissar. Because, motivation is important.|
|Veteran with Shotgun|
|Veteran with Shotgun|
2. Create a table of terrain to support a game- no progress
3. Make a modular terrain piece- no progress
4. Paint a naval fleet- no progress. I bought stuff, does that count?
5. Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year and take it to a tournament- I was close to this one, and the failed at the “actually going to the tournament” thing. I was aiming to head to a Valleycon, and painted two new Panzer IV F2 to go with my panzer army, which hasn’t been used in a year. Sadly events transpired that I couldn’t attend. They did at least get a game vs Pelarel, so.. that’s something?
|To be fair, it wasn't exactly a hard paint job.....|
6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it I made progress, but nothing finished.
7. Paint every miniature for a game I own- I made progress on this one too, but didn’t finish
8. Paint a Space Marine each month- hey hey! I did do this one! I painted up the first Space Marine from the Space Marine heroes box. And I really enjoyed it. McZ and I worked hard to find what would be a stupid and fun colour scheme, ultimately arriving at the Storm Lords chapter as the most fun. Red, white, yellow AND black, all on one model. Plus, a fun chapter logo to paint by freehand.
9. Paint a stand alone force for a game- no progress
10. Update and improve a table of terrain- no progress
11. Paint something Napoleonic- no progress
12. Finish what I should have finished last year- DONE- I did this one too! One of the requirements before I started my new 40k army was to finish my old one. I bought a Death Guard army when 8th edition came out, splitting the starter box with Scotty. It was one of those armies I always wanted, right back from the fools old days of the plastic, monopods plague marines from 2nd(?) edition.
Flash forward however long it has been since that was released (years!) I have finally finished the last of my Death Guard!
36 Plague Marines, 42 Pox Walkers,Bloat deones, HQs and Elite choices. All in all, a cool army which I really like, and it’s been fun on the tabletop too. Despite getting curb stomped in the last game by Scotty’s Grey Knights.
|The whole army|
|The army in action vs Scotty|
|Many Plague Marines.|
|Converted Daemon Prince|
|Commanders and daemon engines|
Next month? Hopefully more Krieg, 6 and 7 will get a big DONE, with something else finished for 12 too...