Saturday 20 July 2019

Con-crud and actually some finishing touches.

TY Doubles!

So I basically forgot to take any real photos because we had 5 really good games against 10 really good dudes all of which could have gone either way. I snapped a couple of quick in game ones though just for the laughs:

Fellow blogger Pooch's IPM1s crushing the traffic on their way to crushing out M60A1s. This does not count as concealing terrain and no, no cross tests were required. 


A LAV broadside. This is in game, as Tank duelled successfully with the T64s on the left of the shot, I broadsided the BMP2s in the forest on the hill with 8 LAVs. I *hate* BMP2s.

If you do want to see some really nice photos of all the armies that were there, check out the TY Facebook group.

For a few details (for our few readers who weren't actually there!) the weekend was doubles event, 140 points, one set of support on 8x4 tables. Tank and I played double-Marine M60s and LAVs and went 2-1-2 for the weekend. We *could* have won all three of the games we didn't, which was nice. We also got a lot of compliments about bringing the Spooky for air support. It would have been nicer to have had it *be* an AC-130 rather than Harriers, which were disappointing (mostly because Tank and I fail HARD at 5+ firepower rolls.)

There was a lot more NATO than I think either of us was expecting - TY (especially in 15mm) hasn't been capable of supporting a comp like this for that long in NZ and, as Pooch pointed out, 140 allows those high-end NATO tanks and I think a lot of people took that opportunity. Not us. We do things the hard way. We'll both be glad when TY2 comes out as the Starting Step order and morale rules made a huge mess of a bunch of us over the weekend. Three tank platoons....ouch.

We laughed a lot and none of the games were a complete blowout even though we screwed some things up with half on / half off choices and deployment choices - in fact, the majority of the games over the weekend were 4-3 or 3-3 draws. As always with this weekend, the food was excellent, the beer was good and a fortunate acquisition of good coffee saved us from morning misery.

Heavy Support

I finished my Heavy Platoon this week as well and did a bit of assembly to get some stuff done for next week. I did wind up looking at some box art and realising I've left the gun shields off all my lascannons. And y'know what? I'm okay with that.


Next time
We're starting a 1000 point narrative campaign in August and I need to finish a bunch of things for that. So it might be that stuff. I'm also working on some little terrain projects and starting to assemble and rebase my Teutons for KoW. Oh, and I've got some sabot bases to use my Warmachine army for KoW in the meantime, so there's a serious glue-up and basing exercise there to come.

I'm also bearing down on a whole year of blogging every week so there'll need to be some kind of exciting post for the anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment