Saturday 6 July 2019

SPACESHIP!!!

I feel like that's a post title I've used before. And, not to put too fine a point on it, it's one I'll likely use again... 

I've finished the Valkyrie. Including the door gunners. Who made me use some VERY bad words. Repeatedly. But they look cool so it's fine. 

Exterior

Top down you can see the tiger stripe camo. I figure the underside should be blue-grey (and it is) and the topside should have the same vehicle camo as the rest of my army, given that it's a transport and ground attack aircraft and will be seen from the top! 


Front on she looks pretty sweet, including the armament. Multilaser. Hells yeah. I was slightly vexed that the normally seethrough canopy had ben painted but actually it looks pretty cool. The nose is missing some instrumentation (can't be helped with internet buys sometimes) but I'll pick those up sometime soon and fix them on the front. 


Port side you can see the kill markings (pre-placed optimism!) and a couple of nicknames for the pilot and gunner. Seemed rude not to have those there. Mortis is easy but Ordinatus? It's from the Latin 'to direct' so I'm reading it as 'Deadeye' because I can.   

Door Guns! 



The wings are magnetised so you can see the door gunners! They fill the door wells quite successfully and I wish I'd actually been able to fill the interior with actual troopers. It would look super cool. 

Next time
I'm working through the heavy platoon at the moment and when that's done, the Cadian infantry platoon will be finished. I've got some Sentinels and a Leman Russ to do (and I might get a second) and a platoon of Scions half built. Most of the bloggers are at a Team Yankee event next weekend so there'll definitely be something from there too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment