Friday 9 August 2019

Pooch's July Update

A little bit late on this update, sorry. But, I did do some painting, which is great!

This month saw me have a couple of weeks of Funemployment between jobs, as well as a week and a half of no painting while I was on holiday. So... those two more or less balanced each other out, but I still got a fair bit done.

1. Paint a new 40k Army (On track)
I  made some good progress on this one, which was mainly focused in on the 1000 point Narrative Competition that one of the Regimenters is running next month. He has put a fair few rules in to encourage fluffy and fun lists over power gaming- which suits my style of Krieg down to the ground.

A full squad of Tempestus Scions have been on my "want" list for a while. I converted them all to have greatcoats, to match with the Krieg theme. I am particularly happy with how those have come out!


The whole mob of 10
Close up one one

The back shows off the greatcoat a bit better
Along with the Scions I have a Scion boss- made from a Krieg body, with some scion pieces added, as well as a Forward Air Controller (or whatever he is called in this game).
Boss and radio. Guess I need something airborne to have the FAC call in....
I finished up some more models for my Command Squads too. I made the decision to put the heavy weapons into the squads, mainly to make room for a Master Vox caster. Seemed rude not to give the other guy a plasma gun....

Dramatically pointing for effect. Command Squad doctrine 101.
I've decided too that I want to have all of the assassins. For.... reasons. First up, is the Culexus!

Not who you want to meet down a dark alley......
And lastly, here is the big rooster from my narrative list. The big chicken himself, an Armiger Helverin!

Not hard to see why he is the big chicken right?

Such an awesome model (note squashed nurglings at his feet)

That poxwalker didn't make it....


2. Create a table of terrain to support a new game (Completed)

3. Make a modular terrain piece (Not done)
No progress on this one as yet, and still no plans to.... in short, this one is a bit of a problem.

4. Paint a naval fleet (Completed)

5. Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year, and take it to a tournament (Done)
July was the Panzershrek tournament, where Team Sunshine and Rainbows was made up of my US Team Yankee army, which hasn't seen the light of day in quite some time. To get it tournament ready, I added some more M1A1 tanks, some more anti-aircraft and more M113s. After painting the two Cobra helicopters I picked up at the convention too, it means the US are totally done too, which is great.
This is my whole Team Yankee collection.....

Close up of one of the new M1A1s. I went with a platoon in 3 tone to differentiate what formation it was in.

Top view to show off the 3 tone camo.
This was our whole force for Panzershrek

I'll pick up more US when these arrive!


6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it (Completed)

7. Paint every miniature for a game I own (Completed)

8. Paint a Space Marine Hero each month (On track)
Another month, another Hero done.

This Marine is bringing the pain with a Missile Launcher. That makes seven done, and I have a good plan for which ones will be the last 5 for the year. Feeling good about this one!

Kneeling, with a missile coming out of the launcher. It's a cool as model.
Fwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Seven months of Space Marine Heroes!

9. Paint a stand alone force (Completed)

10. Update and improve a table of terrain (Done)
Along with finishing up my US TY army, I finished up some updates for my table of modern desert terrain. I had some Gamecraft Miniatures buildings, some Battlefront motorways and some poppy fields made already, which was good but needed those finishing touches for a table I had envisaged. So this month I carved some hills (foam supplied by another Regimenter), painted some bill boards and some palm trees- and got a new basecloth! It's these little things that just finish a table off.

A 6x4 version of the terrain
The awesome billboard images Battlekiwi created for me. The billboard itself is from Battlefront
And the M1A1s deploying onto the motorway to Basra....
11. Paint something Napoleonic (Not done)
I've now got a plan for this one!

12. Finish what I should have last year (Completed)

Mortywatch
Ok, so the second sub-assembly is now done, which is one half of his torso. I'm liking the purple/brown/dirty white contrast, so am feeling good about it. This is my first sub-assembly paint, so it's definitly going to be interesting when it comes time to actually assemble the damn thing....

Guess which half is painted!

The back showing the brown and purple
So at the end of seven months, there are just two left not done, two in progress and eight completed.

I'd say I'm well on track!

Next month? More Krieg, I am hoping to get that infantry done and maybe some vehicles?

Pooch





No comments:

Post a Comment