Thursday 5 January 2023

Pooch's December update

 Ok. So November is now done too? This is REALLY ridiculous now. But at least this blog is on time?

With one month left to go, how have I gotten on?

1. Paint a platoon of DAK each month

Not one, but THREE platoons this month! 

First up is a platoon of anti-tank guns. These guns are meant to have four crew per base, but I couldn't get them to fit nicely, so instead opted to have three crew per base, which also meant that I had the spare crew to make up a fourth gun crew, who are crewing a captured 6-pdr anti-tank gun!



Secondly I have finished up three mortars, meaning that I now have a platoon of 4. Why do I have a platoon of 4? Well, should I want to run my DAK as grenadiers/panzergrenadiers I now have a cheap artillery unit, and also to help Early War-proof my army.

Four 81mm Mortars, looking cool

And lastly we have an extra command base, and a transport to make up a Company HQ for a DAK infantry company. The transport is an AEC Dorchester command vehicle, Rommel had captured one and drove around in it for a while, naming it 'Mammut'. The Dorchester, and Rommel both came from a tournament objective from like.... 10 years ago that I found in a box! 

Perfect for a Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier HQ!

I'm really happy with how the worn style of my DAK translated into the more yellow tones of the British desert colour scheme- it might be the encouragement to grab another couple of tanks to be captured vehicles- but not a whole British army!

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

I finished up a couple more Adeptus Sororitas, this time a Canoness and a Repentia Sister Superior from the Combat Patrol box. I really didn't get into a good zone with painting them. Maybe 2023 will be better?
Photographing white is worse than painting white

When looking at the warbands for Warhammer Underworlds, it was only right that I got my hands on Zarbag's Gitz, the goblin warband. So when one came up on our local buy/sell page, it was a very easy task to pick them up! One quick paintjob later, we have some awesome looking goblins, ready to explore/loot/fight/run away....

It's a HUGE warband

You can't have a goblin warband without a fanatic!
3. Finish up a table of terrain

So the last piece of terrain I have finished is yet another piece of terrain for my Silver Bayonet table, this time a gatehouse. I picked it up as an MDF kit from a local seller, then added sandpaper to add a bit more texture and put some cardstock onto the roof to match the other buildings I have for my Silver Bayonet table. Airbrush on some paint, bit of contrast on the wood, then add some moss and voila, another building!

I do like the effect of the airbrush on the buildings

Need some moss remover.....

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

So I have had a secret project for more than a year now, namely to paint up a bunch of miniatures for Marvel Crisis Protocol. I've painted up a bunch of characters for it, and of course you know that 3x3 city table that I have been painting throughout the year, using those awesome buildings Potbelly had printed for me? This is what for!

Pel and I managed to get our first game in, and it was a blast! It had a really comic book feel, in all of the right sort of ways. In fact, it was so good that I mostly failed to get any good photos. Sorry!

Red Skull taking a nice walk in the park

Ultron vs Captain Marvel!

This will definitely be a game we play more of!

5. Paint a new historical army

I forced myself to hop back onto the freight train that is my ADLG-R army, this time painting up one pack of Musketeers from Khurasan Miniatures- 18 whole musketeers!

Just about 1/4 of the total number of infantry I need....

I have so, so many more to do.... Come back tomorrow for my plans for 2023!

PROGRESS IS SATISFACTORY

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment