Saturday 20 May 2023

Guns and swords

 Well, sword. 

I picked up Castellan Crowe for a couple of reasons. It's a great model and also offers a chance to run a slightly different Boarding Action with my Grey Knights (which I haven't used in a game of 40K yet!):

Mostly happy, considering I painted all the other Grey Knights in one go about three years ago. I used the Ghosty technical paints on the sword, which I rather enjoyed and played around with the runes too. I  don't love how the back banner came out and I can see I'm going to need to do a bit more work on the white especially to even it up and I think the sword needs a couple of edge highlights. I've got time for that!

Since I had the gunmetal out, I decided to sort out a model that I got from blogger Pelarel. He picked up the Star Wars Legion IG expansion and knowing I was keen for an IG-88, offered me the parts so we have one IG:

Not a complicated paint job. Gunmetal, some black, some rust and some oil. That's it. Base is still TBD since I'm trying to find the notes on how to do it again. It's been a while. But now it means my TERRIBLE Star Wars Legion list, No Disintegrations, is a go. I'll look to line up a game in June and try it out.

Next Time

Blogger Pooch and I are finally going to play a game of Kill Team using the Gellerpox and the Elucidian Star Striders. How will it go? You'll have to wait till next week to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment