Saturday 13 May 2023

We're back bay-beeeee!

 So it's been the best part of three months since I managed to post a blog and it's been an entirely unwelcome interruption to my hobby time. Nothing magical, just buying a new house, moving and the general life disruption that comes with not having all your stuff out where you can easily get at it. But things are starting to settle and I've managed to find all the necessary bits to get started painting again.

Back to my brushes begins with this absolute gem of a model: 

This is Angrath* Evenkeel, a Minotaur Storm Sorcerer I'll be playing in an upcoming Dragonlance campaign. I was set the challenge by our DM that if I wanted to play a Minotaur, it had to be something other than MINOTAUR SMASH which presented an interesting challenge. A bit of googling and it turns out that a piratical sorcerer was very much in the offing. He's got a complicated background to account for some of my very average stat rolling and some of the quirks of a Minotaur being a sorcerer but that's part of helping tell the story.

The model is a 3D print from Artisan Studios, printed by Potbelly Miniatures and mounted on a base printed and painted by Canny Miniatures. I'm mostly pretty happy with the paintjob although I feel a lot out of practice! 

I spent a lot of time back and forthing over the robe colour and eventually settled on a linen colour after both the look of it, but also the idea of Dragonlance Minotaurs swanning about the place dressing like they're civilised despite the rest of the Dragonlance world thinking they're anything but sort of worked out for me.

Next Time

I'm working on some models for Boarding Actions in advance of the drop of 40K 10e in a few weeks so probably a few test models from my Navy Breachers, a new Grey Knight and maybe a Khornate Jackhal too! 

*I am aware I've stolen this name from Magic: The Gathering but Angrath is a great name for a Minotaur and I'm okay with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment