Saturday 31 August 2019

One whole year.

Some stuff! 

I've managed to do a bit of painting this week, somehow. I've rebased my Teutonic Order Light Cavalry as a regiment of Villein Reconnoiterers and split my Teutonic crossbow (who were just awful in Impetus) into a couple of troops of Villein Bowmen for KoW.


I did a couple of the doods from Blackstone Fortress too. The Navigator will stand in for an Astropath in my Guard army. The robot....not sure yet. I have high hopes that one of these days I'll be able to drop him (like some of the other adventurers) into a game of 40K. 


Finally, I painted a couple of classic Wardancers for my Vanguard / Frostgrave Elves. 


And now, some blog thoughts

I can't believe I managed 52 of these. Some were a bit ropey, I admit, but I got a post up every week for a solid year. And I tell you something - I'm going to keep doing it. It's good fun and it's good motivation for me.

So what have I achieved painting wise in the last 12 months? This:


Not a bad effort right?

Clearly it's pretty heavily dominated by 40K as, having started back into a game I hadn't played since 1997, I have gone all in. I think all the nerds have gone....further than any of us expected and the TY army is mostly new. There's 5 more M60s to come but that's basically done. There's three more bases of Knights to do for KoW and that's done. There's still a bit of Guard and some Deathwatch to do as well. They're in the to do pile.

I looked back at my Christmas post about what I was going to do this year and, amazingly, I've done most of it. I am shocked. I haven't repainted my Arcanists for DracAm (although they're in the Simple Green) and I've still got a few Elves to do for Kings of War / Vanguard but most of it is done. I have also managed to play some Necromunda, and go all in on Marines for TY.

I still haven't managed to try Cruel Seas or Adeptus Titanicus (since I still haven't done the Slaanesh Titan Conversions I promised myself) but I've got four months for that. And McBeth has pointed out that Northstar are doing some 17th Century Spanish which might mean I'll need to give Impetus Baroque a go. It seems to be less dependent on large units (since most units are large) but I want to see how well balanced Tercios are since that's what I want to do.

For the next year, as the painting pile has been noticeably and manifestly reduced, I'm going to try and get more battle report type posts in. There's still plenty to do and a few other games I haven't managed to play.

Next Time
I pack all that stuff away. :) I've got a few other things in the 'mostly done' pile so I think I'll get onto those and work on the 1-year project. What's the 1-year project? If you stayed this long, it's this:


I've always wanted some Legion of the Damned so I bought some. And they're cool. We've got our second round of our local narrative 40K campaign and a squad of Damned Legionnaires seems, given how badly the Imperium side is doing in the campaign, the kind of unlooked for aid we need.

1 comment: