Monday 21 December 2020

Pooch's December

So here we are, at the end of 2020. And it has really been a year. I'm positing this early, due to me going on holiday.

I did still set myself twelve goals (with one swapped out early in the year, which was darn handy when lockdown would have ruined it!) to paint, build and game my way through the year. It's fair to say that lockdown was quite good for me in making progress- it got me to finish my Kings of War goblin army, certainly one of my favourite things I finished this year. 

But enough pre-amble, did I get all of my goals done?

1. Paint a Kings of War Army- DONE

2. Create a table of terrain to support a game- Finished

Ok, so I have now, finally finished a full table of terrain to support a game, in this case, it is a full table of terrain to support my 6mm Apocalypse gaming! I got a great deal earlier in the year for a bunch of the Adeptus Titanicus terrain, which I built into a variety of buildings, of different sizes. They are enough to cover a table, and some of them a more than big enough to hide Titans!

I also bought a big cloth of calico, which I attacked with a variety of colours of spraypaint to provide the basecloth. I'm quite happy with how it all worked out!

The whole table

Shrine to the Saint

Some converted missile bunkers

3. Complete the 6mm Apocalypse Challenge- Finished

Titans you say? Well, how about another Titan?

This time, it's a Nemesis Warbringer, armed with a Mori Quake Cannon, a Laser Blaster and a Volcano Cannon. 166 Pl of amazing, amazing model completed!

I nabbed some little Plaugebearers, with a Nurgling as a Demon Prince to go on the base, fighting some of my Guard. All insignificant in comparison to the power of the Warbringer itself!

Oh. So. Cool.

4. Run a narrative campaign for the group- DONE

5. Add a new detachment to one of my 40k armies- DONE

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it- Finished

So, this got done too. What box did I choose?

Ok, so there was a theme to this month's post!

That's right. MORE TITANS!

A Warlord....

STOMPY

A Reaver....

ALSO STOMPY

And a whole family photo:

So much blue and yellow!

And of course the Knight family too:

But wait, there is more yellow!

Guess I am playing Adeptus Titanicus then!

7. Paint a Space Marine Heroes Series- DONE

8. Update a 15mm Napoleonic army for Battaile Empire- DONE

9. Paint a stand alone force- DONE

1
0. Update and improve a table of terrain- DONE

11. Paint a Flames of War Army- DONE

I finished up the last infantry for the third platoon, plus the 75mm artillery battery, meaning that I have completed the full Paratrooper formation for both mid and late war entirely using the lovely new US paratrooper models. 

Guns left!

Guns right!

I also took them to the Remember December competition, and did ... averagely. But that did make four tournaments for my year of US paras, two for Team Yankee, two for Flames of War. Which for an inconsistent player like me, is a great achievement!

Cav recon looking cool!

And paratroopers defending buildings...

12. Finish what I should have finished last year- DONE

So 12 goals attempted, 12 goals achieved!

Now what should be on next year's list?

Pooch
Morty is impressed at all twelve completed goals, but disappointed that the Titans are loyal to the False Emperor... 

No comments:

Post a Comment