Saturday 5 December 2020

There's no theme to this workbench

Nope. Not a one. 

As the weather gets better (!) and the silly season begins, I'm not getting a lot of painting time and I'm not really using the time I am getting all that well! There's lots of stuff half done so I figured that I'd get a couple of things finished with the hope that'll give me a bit more motivation to keep working. 

First off, these two models who'll be accompanying my 40K Inquisitors into combat. I've never understood who it was at GW who thought flying cyborg babies was a motif they should run with but these things creep me out. He was a fun little model to paint though. The scribe was nice and simple. In game terms, they'll be acolytes with laspistols as they're really just ablative armour.


 
The other completed work was this pair of old Malifaux models to add into my Drac Am model pool. The classic Ramos sculpt, on the left, screams Arcanist - the magical fire and the carpet bag are a stunning combo - and could lead some interesting visual variations on a number of the Drac Am warbands. Taelor, on the right, was one of my favourite models in Malifaux 1e, especially in a Viktoria crew, but honestly never loved the tank top outfit. A lot of those original sculpts are a bit "chainmail bikini" and it's always seemed a bit daft. I'm not sure where I'd fit her into DracAm but I enjoyed repainting her regardless.

 Next Time

The performance of my Italians at Remember December. I'm still janking about with lists and am within a hairs breadth of falling back on armour and moving on with my life. I am about 85% convinced that MW Italian infantry just doesn't sing at lower points values. I've also got lots of part-finished stuff on the workbench and the next few models for the 'Oops All Humans' Frostgrave Wizgang being based up although the desire to paint in the evenings is frequently subsumed by the desire to BBQ instead....

No comments:

Post a Comment