Sunday 7 November 2021

Doodads and new things!

 Late and not a lot going on. Necessary holidays are necessary, and for once I didn't have time to pre-publish something...

 New Toys

A parcel from Gripping Beast arrived with new toys for many of the nerds. I have started working on mine and doing the things that are slightly more interesting than the challenge of matching my existing light horse. 

First, some Menavlatoi to sit alongside my Skutatoi:

 I really like how these models look - the short, thick-hafted spears and the cool posing on the models will make for a neat additional HI, 2HW base.

Second, the base I'm most looking forward to doing, a Greek Fire Syphon:

 Is it good? Almost certainly not. Does it look cool? Oh yes. 

Progress

 The army has been polyfilla-ed ready for basing, but I probably won't do the basing until after I've painted the new things.

 

You'll see in this picture new doodads from genius Olivier at Battlekiwi. I asked him about making some and he pointed out that he already had one for 15mm scale that he could rescale for 28mm.


Very happy. Very. 

Next Time

I'll be rebasing my generals for ADLG with new bases from Battlekiwi as well and getting stuck into painting those. Oh, and finally finishing those Crusaders. He says. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment