Wednesday 3 November 2021

Pooch's October update

And with that, October is done too! 

I finished up a big painting commission this month, which burned me out a bit on things for myself. But that said, I still made a bunch of progress on things, most notably continuing to paint  a lot of Celts for my ADLG army! 

1. Finish a table of terrain

I have the pieces I need for this started. And have managed to fail miserably about doing anything at all about it. Maybe next month, or maybe December. I just need to do it.....

2. Play a game a month

But wait, there is more Victory at Sea! This time a Cruiser battle between the USN and the IJN. 

USN Cruisers, sailing around a South Pacific island

The first of many USN Cruisers to go down in flames.....

Cruisers vs Cruisers was interesting- the Japanese torpedoes were absolutely lethal, accounting for all of the USN ships sunk. The counter point was that the USN gunnery was far better- but that was really just down to my dice deciding to be incredibly reliable! 

I continue to really enjoy the game, and will likely end up playing more in November too!

3. Finish a 1,500 point 40k army

This month I finished up two vehicles for my Sisters army.

It wasn't intentional, but the posing is very horror movie-esque......

The first a Rhino....

I don't love painting white vehicles

Mostly happy with it however!

The second a Penitent Engine

Because heavy flamers and giant saw blades are necessary.

Next up.... more Sisters of some sort, I have some airbrushed and ready to go, and some I want to assemble and paint. So.... some of that I'm sure!

4. Finish armies that I have part started

My Afrika Corps army expanded from their initial Panzer IIIs, to now include Panzer IIs, and some 8-rad armoured cars! This means that I now have a legal list for Remember December, but I have far more tanks to work through.... not sure what will be next!

The airbrushing on these was a bit more annoying than on the Panzer IIIs, I think beginner's luck was at play when I did my first batch!

Two 8-rad armoured cars

Spot the replacement wheel....

Zvezda Panzer IIs looking cool

The whole army so far!

5. Buy, build and play a new game

More Celts painted, still more to go.... 

How many of them do you ask?

Many.

How many? 119 Infantry, 8 Cavalry so far!

Aiming to finish them all next month!


Two months to go.... better get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment