Saturday 20 November 2021

Working on my Byzantines

 Having rebased the generals last week, it's finally time to push on with the rest of the Byzantines. 

I've started the hard part now - trying to paint the last models to match the style of my original army. I've started with the two bases of Normans from the list as they're a little less complex and with less like the rest of the army.

 

I've still got a shield to add to one of the knights and some socks and things to add to the horses but I wanted to get them this far partly for this blog and partly to remember how much of a challenge of LBM transfers are. But man the finish is worth it. And the rimmed Norman shields do a nice job helping size them.


I've also done the horses for my light horse (because I hate painting 28mm horses but I can remember how I did them originally) and mounted up the archers to start painting them. While I do those, I'll do the Menavlatoi as they're in the same sort of uniform. 

 

I've also remounted some spare javelinmen into an MI base as well as I had four LI bases and the list only allows two, so an MI base didn't seem like it would hurt. Getting their javelins reattached made quite a mess of the paintwork although this problem isn't unique in this army at the mo.

Next Time

I'm hoping to get up to my friendly LGS some time before Christmas to acquire supplies for the break which will let me do the rest of the basing. In the meantime, I've got some Hummels to do, so they'll probably get started alongside the last of the Byzantines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment