Saturday 27 November 2021

Thinking on productivity

Inspired, after a fashion, by Tim at Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog and his Warhammer Underworlds stocktake, I started reflecting on the relatively unproductive last few months of hobby time. I've noticed that I've struggled with the weekly pace of getting something finished on the weeks between club days and that's compounded by some really good games recently that I haven't taken any pics of and don't remember well enough to blog properly. 

So I've been staring at the mess that is my workbench and at the associated miscellany of stuff that's sitting here waiting to be done and I've decided I should catalogue it and get focussed on getting some of it done before 2022. So what's left on the list of things I'd *like* to make progress on before I go back to work after the New Year? 

  • Finish up painting and basing my Byzantines
  • Paint Hummels
  • Paint the 25 various 28mm models (some DnD, 40K, Necromunda and miscellaneous steampunk) 
  • Finish building my OP Leman Russ for 40K

In a lot of these cases, I'd be happy to bring them up past just being primed. That'd be a good start and then finding the mood to finish them off would be good. 

But I did do a thing!!

Jagdpanzer IV/70s

In the interests of finishing things that are almost done, I decided to have a crack at the dotting for the ambush camo. 

Here's a WIP when I hadn't done the dots on the Middlestone layer:

I really, genuinely almost stopped here. I kind of like how this looks. But I figured it would be right to press on with it and the finished platoon looks like this:


The toothpick method for dotting was pretty solid and aside from having to do a couple of very careful touchups with the brush where I really goofed, it wasn't too bad. Am I super happy with the result, no. Is it not bad for the first time I've ever done it and would I consider painting an entire army of Hetzers like this? Yes.

Next Time

It's gotta be something off that list right? I should really finish my Normans for my Byzantine army as they're mostly just waiting for highlights. So lets say I'll do that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment