Saturday 4 December 2021

Pooch's November update

Well, November is done now too, leaving just the one month left to finish the year. How is progress you might ask, well....

1. Finish a table of terrain

Another month of no progress on this one, I really need to pull finger and get it done!

2. Play a game a month

This month was a solo game, to try out the new Silver Bayonet rules from Joseph McCullough. It played really well, and felt like the core system from Frostgrave and Stargrave has been refined to a great place. I'm definitly going to be painting more for it, and will be encouraging the other nerds to give it a go.

In the scenario, the Prussians were surrounded by some wolves and werewolves, and needed to find some clues and escape. 

The starting disposition of the Prussians

I’m sure this infantryman got away fine….

3. Finish a 1,500 point 40k army

This one made a bit more progress too, with a Hospitallier done for the Sisters...

“I’m not sure your insurance covers this…..”

A better view of the injured sister

And two Inquisitors with their retinue sorted as well. Some of the retinue came from my Krieg army, some were freshly painted things I had planned to use in my Krieg army!

An Inquisitor in Terminator armour, converted from Voldus, and Corteaz

Gunslinger, medic, Ad Mech, servo skull and a Cadian meltagunner!

4. Finish an army that I have part started

Nothing new on this front, I've got a bunch of things that I need to do, but didn't finish them off.

5. Buy, build and play a new game

I wanted to get all of the Celts done this month, but I just totally ran out of steam, and got well sick of them. There are 15 infantry, and 8 Cavalry left to go....

A little bit of painting, and a whole lot of basing…..


Into the last month, still a fair bit on the 'to do' pile!

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment