Saturday 25 December 2021

The end of 2021 is nigh....

So. Here we are at the end of another year. A few painting highlights for the year included getting my Spectrus Kill Team done for slowgrow; indulging in the nostalgia of Necromunda Redemptionists; and completing my last (hopefully) experience of white armour in the Scarif Beach Party as well as getting my Victory at Sea Italians done which I don't seem to have a coherent photo. 

Gaming wise, running out the Elefants out at Panzerschreck in July was great; playing Stargrave was excellent; and our first (stupid lockdowns ruining fun) 40K Slowgrow Narrative was a hoot. 

All things considered, not a bad year.

Random 28mm models

The next of the DnD models going into a wizgang is this fighter. I picked this one out as a bit of a random collection of metals. The shield is a great collection of metal, brass, bronze and silver. I kind of like it.

I can't remember where I acquired this model or what I thought I was going to do with it so I thought I'd just add it to my DnD-style Frostgrave Wizgang. 

Byzantines

I decided I'd give some of the new toys a crack to test matching them up with the old paintwork and base a few of them to get moving on that process. First off, the Greek Fire Team. It's a sweet little set with the ammo carrier, gunner and lighter. There was a fourth model in the kit but it didn't fit and was a bit generic.

Secondly, the only base of Menavlatoi has been done. This was an exercise in remembering how I did the quilted armour in the early days. Turns out it was as lazy as it looks. It's a pretty sweet base and another HI 2HW in the list won't go astray.


I also gave my existing light horse a bit of a tidy up, painting over all the superglue frosting from the many re-glues back into saddles and reattached the bows. I repainted the flesh as what I was doing back in the 2010s when I painted these the first time were not great.

And that's got me in good stead to do the second 2 bases as well. I still haven't finished the Normans though....

2022

Well, 600-odd days into March 2020 and I'm busy working out what I'm going to do for the rest of March 2020.

Flames of War

Blogger Pooch and I are going to do a "platoon a month" to work our way through our respective backlogs of 15mm Germans. I've got half a dozen greatcoat platoons to do and hoping that, by the time I've done those, the German Bulge book will be out and I'll be able to find a few more to do! Otherwise I might just finally get onto my Puma Company.

ADLG

A bunch of us have also gotten excited about ADLG Renaissance in 15mm so that'll make an appearance in 2022 and I'm pondering a second ADLG army now that Fireforge have released Almughavars so a Catalan Company might be in the offing as well.

Others

There's some new Regia Marina ships out for Victory at Sea so I'll grab a couple of them and some new planes as well. I've got some 40K and Necromunda backlog to get through and the giant pile of random 28mm models to do is still there. I'll hopefully grind through some of that over the break. 

Next Time?

The first 'platoon a month' will be underway and probably more Byzantines. A bunch of the nerds will be getting together for some New Year games and hopefully I'll snap a few fun pics there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment