Saturday 1 January 2022

Welcome to our third attempt at March 2020

As we once again wade into another year of this whole global pandemic thing, it's a good thing there's still gaming nerdery to get on with, figures to paint and things to ponder. 

Over this last week, much like the other lads converting armies for ADLG I've managed to finish basing my Byzantines:

I'm really pleased with how it came out. The Gamers Grass flowers have added some much needed colour and texture to the bases that I didn't have in the IMPETVS version of this army and it looked pretty blah across the board. 

There's still a couple of light horse bases to finish that I'm *still* working on because they're super frustrating and I'll freely admit I'm struggling to do those. I should book in a game and that'll get them done. 

I had a game of Frostgrave with Blogger Scotty before the New Year which was an absolute hoot and I didn't take any pictures at all. Suffice to say that, for me, it involved a lot of running around casting Steal Health frequently for no benefit as casting successfully was too hard. I also painted this dude, finally to go in the crew as a Construct: 

 It's a great model and I really enjoyed getting it on the park. I remain disappointed that GW dropped this range. It was always one I enjoyed and I wish I'd had the sense to buy it when it was still in production...

Otherwise, it's been WIPs across the board:

 This is the Leman Russ I've been working on as a bit of a rescue project. As a result it's made up of a motley collection of parts from two different iterations of Leman Russ kits and I'm having to scratch build parts of the sponsons that have been causing me more grief than cutting bits of plastic should. It's weirdly made me wish for a pair of digital calipers so I could more easily measure existing Russes to get the sizes accurate and make scoring the plasticard easy.

 First steps in the platoon of the month is this full size Grenadier platoon. I'm doing full 8 stand platoons for some possible MW value (and we'll just pretend there aren't any Panzerfausts) as well as a pair of extra stands to bulk up the platoon I've already got and the CO base. There's also an AT rifle and light mortar just sitting there, which will probably be a final thing to do all the various add ons I might want for the MW value.

Finally, I might have bought another titan for Adeptus Titanicus (a Warmaster Iconoclast) and it's silly and I love it. It's been a really interesting assembly trip so far as it's a lot of work and it seems SO much bigger than a Warlord. This is the first Titan I'm going to magnetise weapons on because while there are no additional arm weapons, all the shoulder weapons (except the missile launchers, because VULPA!) could be useful and the kit's perfectly designed for them to be magnetised.

Next Time

It's club day so whatever I wind up playing! I'll also be doing more work on the platoon of the month and the titan and Russ assembly. And maybe, just maybe, I'll wind up finishing my Byzantine light horse...

No comments:

Post a Comment