Monday 3 January 2022

Pooch's goals for 2022

2021 was a frankly insane year on the work front and having small, achievable goals helped me to keep up with my hobby time- a thing that does help keep me sane(ish) when things like work are going insane. With 2022 looking to be much the same, it's time to share my plans, schemes and goals for 2022....

1. Paint a platoon of DAK each month

I have a whole lot of DAK to paint- panzer IIIs, panzer IVs, artillery, reconnaisance and anti-tank guns which all need to get painted. The plan is to take them to Panzershrek this year, so I'd best get painting, and I figure working through a platoon each month will help it not get on top of me, while still keeping up making good progress into getting them painted.

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

I always have things that I want to add to armies that I have already got- an extra Titan here, another unit of Sisters there. Maybe another unit of Droids? 

So, I've resolved to get something in this category painted each month, to keep making progress on different pieces that I already own, and maybe give me an excuse to paint a few new things.

3. Finish up a table of terrain

Last year saw me complete a Frostgrave table, and the year before was a FOW/TY desert table and a Wild West table. And given I've still got at least two tables of terrain downstairs that I have yet to build, I really need to keep this goal so I get onto them!

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

This goal was one of my favourites from last year, so it had to come back again. I have however made it a wee bit more difficult, with the goal to help me play and enjoy more of the different games that I have armies for- especially those which I have put a whole lot of recent work into. 

5. Paint a new historical army

I've got two armies planned for this one- a 6mm ACW Union force, and a 15mm ADLG Renaissance army. 

And that's it, five goals, 12 months to achieve them. Wish me luck!


5 new goals.... get cracking!
Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment