Sunday 2 January 2022

Pooch's December update

So with that, December is done now too, and with it goes 2021. Will I miss it? No. Did I get a whole lot of painting done? Yes!

Keeping the blog running monthly has worked well, and helped me to focus in on actually getting things completed- a known issue with me that I am trying to correct! 

1. Finish a table of terrain
I managed to finish the last few pieces that I needed to complete to make my Frostgrave table fully done- namely a couple more buildings, and some trees!

Table layout expertly provided by my son

The statue is one piece I am particularly happy with

2. Play a game a month
I did quite well on this one in December, with three Flames of War games played with my DAK Panzers at Remember December, which the Panzers came up trumps in!

Panzer III's, looking cool. These three would soon die to 2pdr portees...

The mighty Panzer II and III assault force!

And not only that, but I also managed to get in a Frostgrave game! 

3. Finish a 1,500 point 40k army
Well, I didn't get all of the Sisters I wanted to get done, done. But I did still complete more than 1,500 points worth of Sisters- 1,640 of just Sisters, then there is the Inquisition models on top of that! 

New this month is a Dominion squad, equipped with 4 Artificer Stormbolters. Because... Dakka.

Dakka.

Converted model with a storm bolter

Sister superior from the Combat Patrol box, converted to have new weapons

And the army as a whole? Looking sweet!

So... apparently I managed to finish a few Sisters this year then?

4. Finish an army that I have part started
Back to the DAK for this one, this time with 3 Panzer IV F1s completed. I went a bit heavier on the weathering for these three- unintentionally, it was just how the chipping medium worked out on the day I did them. I don't hate the effect, and I don't hate the idea of having a real mix across my DAK army either!

Three grimey Panzer IVs

Another view of the platoon commander

DAK force so far- note the difference in colours!


In game terms, the Panzer IV F1 are mostly completely awful, but I love em.

5. Buy, build and play a new game
For my Star Wars Legion, I finished up a Super Tactical Droid.

I went with the smuggest possible pose for it too!

But more substantially, I managed to finish up the full Celt army for Art de la Guerre! 

All told, it amounts to.... 154 infantry and 16 cavalry. So... just a few painted...

An aerial shot of the whole army. There is maaaaany.

One of twenty(!) bases of medium infantry

A base of light horse

The camp for the army- an offering of enemy heads!



5 goals, 5 complete. On to next year!

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment