Saturday 8 January 2022

Of course I can roll a 2+

 Profoundly incorrect. I cannot. 

On the absolute top of this picture, one of only two I took from my game with Blogger Pel at the club yesterday, my brand spanking new M1 Abrams arriving from reserve, in turn one, on the flanks of his Challengers. 

I destroyed two Challeys. YAY! Well pleased. In return fire, I lost one to a Challey shot and 2 bailed to Swingfire ATGMs. And then I failed two 2+ remount rolls and the platoon fled the board. Displeased.

What followed was a game in which our respective light troops jockeyed for position, my LAVs removed Pel's Rapiers so my aircraft could attack unmolested, and he made save after save for his remaining Challeys against all my TOW2s and Harrier attacks.  Chieftain Marksmen made a huge mess of my LAVs in the end too. The ridiculous blowout of our respective heavies in the first couple of turns made for a really interesting game which ended with two Marksmen destroying the two LAV-Ms that were contesting the objective to win and I wish I'd taken more photos so I could more coherently report the game.

The M1s were a pleasure to paint and they've come up really well. The flat panels aren't as bad as the ones on the AAPV7s of the Sergeant Yorks so they were definitely easier to do than those.


Well enough that I have acquired some more Bradleys and will be mucking around with an Armoured Cavalry formation with M1s and M2 and M3 Bradleys and actually having another game of TY just reminds me that while it has it's faults as a game, I still really like playing it. 

Iconoclastic Progress

In between hammering through those M1s with my hobby time last week, I made some forward progress on the Iconoclast as well. 



On top of working through the bottom of the titan, I've built all the weapons, magnetised the shoulder guns, made some decisions about the decorative carapace weapons and basically just have to finish up working out how I want to pose it so I can get the rest of it built.

Then comes the hard part - working out how to paint it.

Next Time

More Iconoclast I think although being back to work after the holidays suggests a likely drop in productivity and no mistake!

No comments:

Post a Comment