Saturday 22 January 2022

Hard to paint without a decent brush...

 This week didn't start well as my very good W&N Series 7 brush, that I do most of my work with, went absolutely feral and despite my best efforts (and a bunch of product!) I could not get a decent point back and so anything other than block painting with some of my older brushes was all I could do until I could replace it. All in all, not a performant week...

The ongoing Iconclasm

The base is done and I've started on the trim. I finished up highlighting the bone and brass on the Bloodthirster and tidied up the horns and swords on the Bloodletters. Then the process of painting all the bone trim on the armour plates began. Oh my. It's going to be slow. The armour plates on the toes are a PITA and no mistake. But I think it looks great so far.

Deathknight

And done. And I'm fairly happy with how it came out. There are a heap of different red tones that haven't really come up in the photo and the hair is definitely whiter in person. 

More colour correction required. I suspect I need to pick another one out of the pile now!

One more trip to the Scarif Beach Party

I built this up when it arrived with my replacement brush. What a great kit. Three different heads, three different weapons. I decided, having looked at my options, that the Repeater was the coolest choice. I also have some serious nostalgia from playing Deathmatch games of Jedi Knight *way* back in the dim dark past.

So she'll be taking the lead in a 500 point Skirmish thing that Blogger Pel has lined up for late February as what looks like a fairly effective elite army with Shore Troopers and Inferno Squad. I'll be doing her little ID10 Probe Droid on a fully water base too, because it seemed way too fun not to.

Next Time

Good question. I'm a fortnight between club days so it'll be WIPs until then. I'll aim to get Iden Versio done since I need her for the end of February and I know what the drying time on the gel medium is now. The Iconoclast head and torso have gone in the primer so they'll get worked on when I need a break from MORE TRIM. Also I've got a Grenadier Platoon that's demanding finishing for platoon-a-month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment