Saturday 29 January 2022

Mystery Science Theatre 3000?

MST3K?

Actually Twilight 2000! Our RPG group is kicking off a game of T2K soon, set in Scandinavia after the end of World War III and so I dug out this particular miniature for my character, a Sergeant in the Swedish Tank Corps who drove an S-Tank in the war (because the STRV-103 is still my favouritist modern tank) and Blogger Tank, our DM, has promised me there is a chance we might manage to acquire one. Whether we can scavenge fuel and ammo for it is a different problem!    

 The figure is from Footsore US and I really like it. It came in a pack with a model that appears to be Chuck Norris inspired and a ninja that screams Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow from GI Joe at me. I'm quite looking forward to painting those two up but without any real rationale as to why. I know there's a great Cobra Commander derived model out there and maybe, just maybe, I could make a Cobra Stargrave Crew. That would be fun. 

 Scarif Beach Party

Unsurprisingly, Iden Versio didn't take long to paint. All black models are pretty easy after all. I have some regrets about not using the bare head that came in the pack but not many. 

 

You can see at this stage that the basing material is still not set. She and ID10 will be in the hot water cupboard for a while yet. It's a super hot summer and I could probably leave her on the windowsill but TBH, I know 2 weeks in the hot water cupboard will set the gel medium rock hard. 

I'm still playing around with 500 point lists for an event coming up but the current plan is:

  • Iden Versio with ID10 and an Imperial Repeater
  • Shore Troopers with T21
  • Shore Troopers with T21
  • Imperial Special Forces with T21
  • Scout Speeder Bikes

with a Command Deck of Pulse Scan, Covert Observation, Incapacitate, Concussive Blast, Tactical Strike, Coordinated Fire and Standing Orders.

I'm tempted by Inferno Squad and I could run a pretty lightly upgraded list and ram in a Shore mortar, but at the moment, this is the list with a few upgrades and skills to be decided.

Final stages of the Iconclasm

This is the last photo of the Iconclast legs. I've still got to tidy up the toe plates and do the edge highlights on the trim but these are basically done. 


 I've already started on the torso and head so it'll be WIPs of those for a while. I'm still working through how I want the torso pose to look so I'm not quite in a spot to glue in the shoulder weapon mounts but that'll be soon and then it's home stretch. I'm still trying to think of a sensible way to assemble the groin plates too so i can paint them but that ain't happening so far...

Next Time 

The finished Grenadier Platoon for January and probably the first WIPs of the February platoon. More of the Iconoclast too. It's a bit of a gap between game days at the mo so I'll try and organise something for our next club meeting where I can take some decent piccies of some cool stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment