Saturday 18 December 2021

Penultimate Blog of 2021

I'll save the 2021 reflections and 2022 plans for next week... 

Hummels! 

 The Hummels are finally done. 

The biggest challenge was finding enough Balkenkreuz transfers to do them and dealing with the fact one of them decided to break coming off the paper. I spent quite a bit of time hiding it under foliage!! I'm pleased to have these done in advance of a plan to advance my FoW army progress in 2022.

Getting these done was mostly a result of me restarting a playthrough of Factorio, which for me seems to still involves a little bit of letting the game run so gluing things to other things while it's running is helpful!

Generals! 

 I decided that I should test what I wanted to do with my Byzantine basing, trying to make it more colourful than the way they looked when I used them for IMPETVS. It's also helped me discover just how bad a paint job I did on these models. There are mistakes everywhere and even some raw metal - I must have done a particularly rubbish job of the priming!!


Using Gamers Grass Wildflowers has been on the list of things to try for a while and I really like the way it's come out. I've also decided to use heaps more green than I usually do and that's definitely helped as well.

 And on a random note...

...I'm currently enjoying the audiobooks of Spike Milligan's World War II memoir, read by Milligan himself. His off-beam humour is even more delightful in his own voice (and impressions of his unit-mates) and the occasional stifled laugh at his own cleverness makes it even better to listen to. It remains one of my favourite recollections of the war - both the absurd humour of it alongside both the absolute and deeply personal tragedy of any conflict.  

Next Time

Depends a bit on how what happens this week with Christmas on Saturday. I've made good progress on a couple of my limited palette models so might aim to finish those off and do some more work on the Byzantines after how pleased I am with the result of the basing on the generals.

Happy Holidays to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment