Saturday 30 October 2021

1:1 basing eats hobby time

 Been a busy week around the house here. Spring has well and truly sproinged and the garden was overgrown like you would not believe so hobby time has been heavily curtailed in favour of doing real world things. 

Crusaders


Almost there. Basically the last highlights on the metals and the final coats on the cloaks to do. I have one old metal one of these and the two that aren't Gotfred de Montbard are Finecast and honestly, just go back to metals please. I keep finding little bits of flash as I paint these. It's most vexing.

Catalina

I've finally finished the painting. I had an AWFUL time getting the cockpit glass to fit and it required a bunch of careful puttying around it to make it fit. 

So I'm waiting on the transfers to be able to mark her up as RAAF and then we'll be finished but I'm glad to have the painting done. I've really not enjoyed this kit the same way I enjoyed the AC-130 but it's a nice addition to the Australians.

Next Time

I'll hopefully have the roundels and the Catalina will be done done. I'm also expecting some new shinies for my Byzantines so the first attempts at replicating a 10 year old paint scheme will begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment