Friday 1 October 2021

Pooch's September update

Wait, September is gone already? How did that happen? 

1. Finish a table of terrain

No progress of any note here....

2. Play a game a month

Another month, another game of Victory at Sea! McZ shared his side of the experience, this was the only photo I took of the game too!

I am really enjoying Victory at Sea, it's proving to be a really fun game that only gets better the more that we play it.

3. Finish a 1,500 point 40k army

Do you remember how I said "next time will be more sisters and a rhino"?

Hopefully not, because I didn't do that. I did progress those things, but couldn't get them to the point of being finished disappointingly.

Rhino hatches, heads and stormbolters.....

Instead, I finished the last of the Execution Force!

Dial 555-ASSASSIN for when you really, really need something assassinated.

4. Finish armies that I have part started

Well, I started another Flames of War army. I'm putting it in here, because well, I am not sure where else to put it.

This time, I am testing myself with the airbrush, using multiple layers of airbrush, chipping medium, airbrush varnish and oil washes to paint up DAK Panzers!

And I am really happy with the effect it has created.




5. Buy, build and play a new game

Ok, so this one goes under the "it's someone else's fault". The other nerds have been looking for a game to play with their Impetus armies. Me, being the magpie that I am had consistently built and sold off my Impetus armies, so didn't have quite the same need as they did.

That said, once they did find a game they liked, it was only right for me to trawl through my boxes to see if I had something suitable. Which I found in a rescue Celt army I got given a long time ago. This month I have been stripping it back, and beginning to work through the repainting. There are a lot of them (handy, because I need A LOT of them), so will be a work in progress for the next couple of months.

The army so far....

They are apparently hard to photograph however....

But progress is going well!


Three months to go, and plenty still to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment