Saturday 16 October 2021

Does watching TV count as hobby time?

I have decided yes as I have finally started watching 'The Expanse' as our RPG group will be taking a bit of a break for a bit. I'm on the fence about the story at the moment, but I will make my way through to the end of season one and decide then how much further I'll take it. It has been good to better understand the universe and I do really really like the universe. Did I do anything else? Yeah....

Flames of War

I finished the Jagdpanzer IV/70 assembly. I really, really like this kit. It's superbly well designed, goes together like a dream and I think they might have some of the crispest seams and joins. I haven't had to break out the plastic putty at all and I've very pleased about that. 

 

I'll get these in the primer with the Hummels and organise a game in November to give me the gentle nudge to get these all painted and have the insane 80 point Jagdpanzer IV/70 list I wrote earlier in the year on the table. 

Limited Palette Wizgang

One more for the crew. I think I'd said I'd paint this with a green palette and honestly, once I put the base green down, I realised it was just all leather other than the kind of bodysuit. So I decided that I'd use the dark green base and see if I could find a complementary brown palette to sit on top of it. It's a mix of browns and highlighted browns, with off whites and bronze for the metals. I kind of like it.  

 

 There's still 10 more models in this little line so I'll keep plodding on with these as a bit of a project. 

Warhammer 40K 

Crusaders! I've had one of these for ages and have since managed to acquire three more. The base work is done here: 


 But there's still lots of detail work required to get these guys finished. It will potentially be a prompting to get the Guard out again. I'm also still working on an OP Leman Russ but that's stalled while I wait for parts from the UK. 

Next Time

I think I'll get the Catalina done just so it can stop sitting on the back of my painting desk looking at me accusingly. I think I'd like to get the Crusaders finished, which should be pretty straightforward, and I'll be painting a new model to use in Expanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment