Saturday 5 March 2022

1:1 painting is not hobby time

 As it's late summer, I've been oil staining the decking at home and the prep and work time has rather ruined my hobbying this week. I've managed to get a couple of tasks off the to do list this week though. 

RPGs


This Hasslefree, Jessica-Jones-inspired model, will play Adelaide, the snarky pilot in our Expanse campaign but might also do double duty in a  future possible game of Shadowrun where I have an idea, inspired by both the model and Jessica Jones, for a fisticuff wielding, cybernetically enhanced StreetSam.

Team Yankee

I've built 4 more Bradleys, and Blogger Pooch has promised me one more, which will give me the 9 I need for a workable TY Recce company. In the meantime, Blogger Pel and I will be having a blat at Great Escape Games Seven Days to the River Rhine at the club in a week's time so I'm hammering out the first four Bradleys so I can have some infantry zipping around in those.

So the fist two base coats of IDF Sand are on with a third to go tonight and then I can get the MASSTER on and do the detailing. They're coming up surprisingly quickly as there aren't any smooth surfaces so the airbrush IDF Sand is going on well.

Platoon a Month

 

Here's a WIP and no mistake. Just the first base coats on my platoon for March which I think might actually see play in 4E Grenadier companies, especially with scary Russian hordes running about the joint. 

Another Warmaster?


No?! I'm not made of money, patience or time. :) Pooch seems to like having his titans stomping on the remnants of mine so he rustled me up a Reaver carapace which I have dutifully enpurpled and enreddened so that his Warmaster can be striding over the wreckage of one of my many Reavers.

Next Time

I'll do a bit of a review of Seven Days to the River Rhine and try and write a proper battle report to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment