Saturday 26 March 2022

And like that, the thing that happened was done....

 The army is done!

I have a couple of shield transfers to do (I just have to find where I carefully stored those...) but that's easy enough. I went a bit more heavyhanded with the green on the bases on these ones - more than I usually do on just about everything. A lot of that is to disguise the absolutely terrible basing filler but actually I think I've been under-flocking some of these things so am definitely going to keep doing this this way. The white of the Teutonic Order knights definitely stands out so much more!

The baggage is not done yet. Blogger Triple T has kicked off doing a bit of 3D printing (over here at Potbelly Minatures) and printed me off a tent and some crates to drop on my baggage elements. The crates are amazing and the tent print is stunning but a touch short for the almost 32mm Fireforge plastics so hopefully he can do some wizardry and make it a touch taller. 

Workbench


TINY KNIGHTS! The other thing I got with my Stig Shambler (still very much a work in progress) was some Knight Moiraxes for Adeptus Titanicus too. They're super cute and I'm looking forward to painting them up this week. Like everything Titanicus, the level of detail is stunning as well.

Star Wars Legion

 I had a game with Blogger Pel at the club and I was VERY tempted to borrow his brilliant summary of the game for the title of this blog. But then I decided the internet didn't need that and I'd just caption this one photo I took during the game:

Daddy Issues...

The game didn't go all that well for Pel - lots of squishy, small Rebel trooper units were kind of hard-countered by what my list was trying to do and my luck crit-fishing against his armoured units (which is getting stupid) continued with my Death Troopers and Iden Versio between then cobbling together enough critical hits in one round of shooting to destroy a snowspeeder. That particular interaction was a really good chance to explore the way the hit assignment worked as I was trying to make best use of Iden's Critical 1 and Marksman to basically get crits.

For me, it was an experiment in applying suppression markers in large numbers across the board. The only things that didn't have the Suppressive quality were my Shore Troopers and honestly, they don't need it. The plan sort of worked but I found I didn't have enough command cards giving out orders to my units (I over-used Iden and Vader command cards) to make the best of the combination between the Shores and their Mortars which wasn't great. I'm going to give the list another go though, with a few other tweaks in kit and content to see what happens. 

Next Time

Goodness knows. I'm hoping to get the Teutonic Order out for a run of ADLG in a couple of weeks - after that I'm not especially pressed on anything project wise. Something. Next Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment