Friday 4 March 2022

Pooch's February update

And with that, February is now gone. A very busy work month, but still good progress across my five goals....

1. Paint a platoon of DAK each month

One of the things I am producing my DAK army for is a doubles tournament later this year. The core of my part of the force is going to be the mighty early Panzer III! So this month, here is a platoon of four of them.

Four more Panzers, ready for combat!

I went a bit further with the weathering on this set of four, I think I might have gone a touch too far- it's made them look particularly battered and bruised! 

One of the most weathered, compared to one of the least weathered!

I don't mind it as an effect, it just might be something I need to watch when I finish up the final 5 Panzer III's for the army that I need to get the balance of weathering right across the force.

Next month... Dianas!

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

First up in this category is some figures I have had for a long time and done nothing with, a set of Wild West zombies from the Dead Man's Hand game. I plan on using them for Dracula's America, which is sure to appear on my monthly gaming list in due course. I've got some ideas in mind for scenarios using them that I wrote when I first bought the models, so I'll need to pull those out and prep them for the other nerds.

The models are mostly done, with the exception that I have run out of the static grass I use, so they will need the grass before I call them complete!

The whole horde

The Baron, the one controlling them. I'm particularly happy with the snake around his shoulders

The first six zombies....

And another six zombies!

Secondly this month, is some good progress on the thing that I needed to clear the Titanicus painting table for.... a Warmaster Titan! It's a little behind in the build than McZ's, but will be finished soon enough....

Stompy legs are stompy.

3. Finish up a table of terrain

I finished up the first of the buildings for my city table, a 1950s style american diner! The model comes from the Plasticville O scale series, and I have a bunch from that to work through. It's.... fine? I used a rattlecan for the silver, followed by an ink wash and a highlight, which came out well I think. 

Next up is some 3d printed buildings from Corvus Games I think!

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

Continuing the trend from last year of playing games with things that I finished last year, but didn't get a chance to play, February was Star Wars Legion Skirmish month!

I managed to have a couple of practice games, and then played a couple of rounds of a semi-tournament we had at a club day at the end of February.

Overall, I think I like the game, but know that I need to do some more practice with the game so that I know how to work with some of the other parts of the game- the likes of an AT-ST or Han Solo caused me no end of strife, and i wasn't experienced enough with the game to know what to do about it!




No clue what next month's game is going to be.....

5. Paint a new historical army

Progress continued on my 6mm American Civil War army, with a further two divisions done, meaning that the entire Second Corps at Gettysburg, and all of my 6mm ACW is now complete! 

The whole 6mm Army

The two new divisions completed this month

Close up of Hall's Brigade, with the 1st Massachusetts Sharpshooters

Next up? Well I have another historical army to make a start on, and this one will take longer than 2 months!

On to March!


Progress is..... acceptable....

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment