Saturday 19 March 2022

So this happened....

 Yes, longtime readers, I have done a stupid and made myself a pile of work. Again.

I have de-based all my Teutonic Order from Kings of War and rebased it all for ADLG. Some days I am genuinely forced to wonder what is wrong with me. I swear I'm never going to paint another army in white several times over and yet recently I was having another conversation with Blogger Pooch about armies we'd play in Horus Heresy and I'm once again forced to admit that I'd play World Eaters. 

Why? Well, I haven't been playing a lot of KoW and this army was always intended to be an ancients army so I have decided that rather than buy and paint another army for ADLG, I'd reconstitute this one since I got enough spare bases for a second army when I rebased the Byzantines.


This was a very careful exercise in basing as both the Teutonic Bruder and the Crusaders only go together in the rows that they're in now. Base sizes for ADLG are something of a meme in our gaming group and this was clearly one of the ranges of figures that the last edition recommended wider bases for... 

I've also made up these two bases of mounted crossbow out of some remnant light cavalry so remembering how I painted the grey and buff Order Sergeants is going to be an interesting challenge but I'm really looking forward to putting this mad crew on the park and maybe, finally, playing them in an ancients game where they don't just straight suck.

Other WIPs

 

I've made some progress on my Platoon-a-Month and picked up the CO stand and the extra two Rifle/MG stands for my existing platoon and aiming to finish all those too. I'm struggling with these a bit as they're old casts and they're just not as crisp as they were when I first did a platoon of these way back in the day.

MASTER/BLASTER

 I bought a Cawdor Stig Shambler for Necromunda too - I love this ridiculous model and it was one of those things in the rulebook that I was genuinely waiting for. I'm still doing a bit of thinking about how I can mount both the heavy stubber AND heavy flamer and I think it's going to need to be a clever magnet arrangement if it's going to work (and I'm not sure that it is!) The assembly is going well so far but there's a bit of gap filling to do around the waist before he's ready for painting.

Next Time

I'll do the snow and some highlights and thus finish up the Platoon-a-Month and call that done and hopefully have based up most of the Teutonic Order as well. I'm not sure what I'll be playing at club day but if it turns out to not suck and I take enough photos, you might get a game report!

No comments:

Post a Comment