Saturday 23 April 2022

Just, like, stuff and things...

Teutons

So Blogger Pooch summed it up when he said "nice to find a game where they're not &^#%" and I agree.


I lost to Blogger McBeth's Scots, but the almost all cavalry list ran really well and I managed to get a couple of favourable matchups which went well. I didn't quite manage to blow through the line in the way that I had hoped though. In the turn I lost (when, for the only time in recorded history McBeth, roller of 6s, rolled the required 1 to pop one of my Generals and break me!) I got McBeth to close on his side so it was an encouraging first run for the list.

Workbench

I rulebooked for Bloggers Tank and Scotty through a couple of games of Silver Bayonet yesterday which got me super enthused to get into painting my French. I decided to start with the Officer and the Junior Officer.

One of the joys of these sorts of games is coming up with good names, so the officer on the left will rejoice under the moniker Colonel Jean-Hippolyte Gavreau de Laframboise and the Junior Officer on the right is Captaine Abelard Beaumanoir, Baron de Laffitte. 

I'm relying pretty heavily on Perry initially for the colour palette but I'm going to have to go digging for some of these models for figuring colours but that's part of the fun! 

Islands

All done. I foolishly got them out of the hot water cupboard and the clear medium started frosting again, so they've gone back into the warm to set as while I expected a week in the cupboard would be enough as I didn't think I'd been quite as heavy handed with it as I did with my Star Wars Legion, but apparently I did so they'll be curing for a bit...


While I probably need to put some whitecaps on some of the surfaces, at this point I really like how these have come out and am definitely looking forward to getting my Regia Marina out to have a wee blat around these.

Next Time

More French and my 'platoon a month' for April. Nothing exciting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment