Saturday 10 December 2022

Countdown to Chrysler

 It's a busy time all the way down here at the bottom of the world in the runup to Christmas and not a lot is going on gaming wise. Our end of year event at our club was deferred to the new year as a significant number of our regular players couldn't make it and given it's a memorial event, that's kind of important. 

So with that in mind, I took my Ardennes Assault Panzergrenadiers out for a run against clubmate Chris' Brigade Panzer IV horde. We played Escape: 

It looked really dire for him when my Jagdpanzer IV/70s arrived in turn one but I flubbed my Volkshetzer ambush, only got revenge due to a VERY lucky remount roll and the game rolled on until about turn 5 when three Panzer IVs arrived on the objective and all I needed was the one tank platoon to fail a Last Stand and he didn't. In fact Chris just about passed every single Last Stand test he took which really kept the Brigade troops running. He even braved a mounted assault into my dug in Panzergrenadiers who promptly Panzerfausted like a bunch of bosses and wrecked things. All in all, both of us walked away happy with our lists. I will say that if Battlefront manage to get a box of Ost/Wirbelwinds in before the rescheduled date, I *might* be playing something much worse and even stupider. I might...

I also taught Blogger Tank to play Underworlds which was a really interesting game. He's got a couple of very finesse warbands and in this one he played Ylthari's Guardians against my Magore's Fiends. It went pretty well until it went sideways but I can see how the warband works and I think it might be quite good. This reminded me that I hadn't blogged the finished Gorechosen and that I've been working on another warband too! 

The Gorechosen of Dromm

I've gushed about these models and I won't do it again. Suffice to say they're lovely and I love them. It's also an incredible warband to play as it's SO savage.

The Thorns of the Briar Queen

I found these online and when Blogger Pooch mentioned he had the cards and not the models, I leapt. They're SO lovely and I think will be playable, if hard to win games with. They're nearly done but I'm not going to slog through them in one day! The edge highlights and flowers are going to take time and I'd rather not screw them up!

Next Time

More Shadespire and a Panzer III OP tank that Blogger Scotty dug up for me. It's going to be painting blogs for a while I suspect...

No comments:

Post a Comment