Saturday 17 December 2022

Finishing touches

 Underworlds

I finished up the Thorns of the Briar Queen:


 They came up really nicely. They were aggressively attacked with GW Ryza Rust on all the chains, which gives them a nice burst of colour and the Briar Queen herself is a great model. I'm glad I could get hold of these and paint them.

They got out for a run against Blogger Scotty's Eyes of the Nine. I also made us play long board which may have been a mistake...

 

 I got slightly vexed by my objective deck (aside from the fact it's too small) and did a bunch of stupid stuff as a result but I did like that Varclav allows for easy movement of Chainrasps and that *eventually* I got my order of operations sorted out.

Meanwhile the Eyes of the Nine looked awesome. Scotty's done a magnificent job on them: 

 

The game was over on turn two after Scotty aggressively committed the warband while I durdled:

As Vortemis was slightly vexed by the Briar Queen's anti-magic chicanery, he promptly ended her existence. In response, the Everhanged sent a scary rope thing and finished off Vortemis. Varclav did for the horrors and a chainrasp (!) did the last of the work - I rolled a lot of crits when I needed to....

And a Panzer III...

I've noticed in games of Flames of late that my opponents have been uncomfortably happy trying to ruin my super cute little SdKFz 250 OP so I've upgraded to a sweet sweet Panzer III (thanks Blogger Scotty!).

Now as I think about it, I wonder if it's more about the Hummels sitting at the back of the board? Maybe? 

Next Time

It's Christmas Day. I might blog. We shall see. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment