Friday 20 October 2023

Pooch's September update

Well.... September disappeared... and so did three weeks of October..... oops!

But at least I did manage to get some painting in!

1. Paint a platoon for Flames of War

The painting progress continues for my Late War US army, this time finishing up...

A Stuart Cavalry Patrol

And.....

LVT-4s to transport some Infantry!

Next up? I probably should finish up the infantry platoon that goes into those LVTs, but I think it'll be back to the desert, as I add some more things to my Early/Mid DAK army.

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

Not one but two big stompy robots in this category today!

Stompy Robot 1 is a Hulkbuster Robot for the Marvel Crisis Protocol game

Metallic Red is a bad colour to photograph....

Still a bad colour, even from the back!

And second is a Dire Wolf Scout titan for Adeptus Titanicus- affectionately known as a "derp chicken"!

So derpy. So cool..

3. Finish up a piece of terrain
The pieces of terrain for this month are to help me get back onto the Wild West bandwagon. The cattle were from 3d Breed, and were printed by the awesome Potbelly miniatures. 

Moo.

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

The reason I painted up those specific Flames of War models was to play a game of Late War Flames of War! I used my wintery US tanks in a couple of really enjoyable games- too enjoyable to remember to take many photos!

So many Sherman hulls!
Not sure what October's game will be!

5. Paint a Hundred Years War French Army for ADLG

Paint one base for ADLG

This month's base is a little bit of a cop out- I'd actually gotten to the last week of September feeling very smug that I had painted everything I needed for September.

Turns out I hadn't, so I quickly worked up this base of Handgunners, who will be used as Elite Crossbow in my Hundred Years War army.

Not much more to say other than that they are done!

Paint one Knight for ADLG

This month's knight is my second General:


And I have so many more knights to go, it's going to be a very cavalry filled finish to the year I think!

Paint up an army of 15mm Celts

A small month this month for the Celts, with three medium sword bases done.

This is the 7th, 8th and 9th Medium Sword base....

Aiming to finish the Celt army off in October!


Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment