Friday 14 June 2024

Pooch's May- Bugs, DAK and Tribal- oh my!

So, a very late blog, but that's not an indication that I haven't been making a bunch of progress- if anything, it's proving that the opposite is true!

1. Paint something bought before 2024

So, I got a bit inspired with how well the few pieces of DAK I painted last month went, and decided to actually finish all of the rest of my DAK- I've had them for years, and it was time that I actually finished them all up so that I can play a whole host of different options in my games of Flames of War!

This is everything that needs to be painted.....

So if that's everything I need to get done, how far along did I get?

Well....

Two 75mm Infantry Guns, figures from Battlefront but guns from Potbelly Miniatrues

Two HMG teams

Three Panzer IVs

Another view of the 3 Panzer IVs

Comparison in barrels

1 251/1C halftrack

And last but not least, a battery of 105mm artillery!

In short, a whole lot of progress, but I've got to do a proper push if I want to get them all done in June!

2. Paint something bought in 2024

It wouldn't be a blog from me this year, if there wasn't a whole bunch of new Tyranids in it. So this month, I finished up...

 
Deathleaper. Because, something has to make you scared of the dark! 

It's weird skirt tail thing is cool

"Who has for sword arms and a bad attitude? This guy"

Swarmlord's back

Another view of the Swarmlord

I've got lots of bugs to go, but this is still progress! 

3. Play a game of 40k each month

I failed miserably on taking photos for this one, but Pooch Jr and I had a game of Combat Patrol, where they borrowed some Necrons I have been painting for a commission, fighting against my Tyranids.

They enjoyed it, so more games will be in order!

4. Play a game of not-40k each month

I got the Vikings I painted last month out out for a game of Tribal (pick it up here). The game saw my Vikings taking on some Ewoks, lead by Chewbacca! 

It was a topsy turvy game, while the Vikings started well, and ended up on top, some great play in the last few turns saw the Ewoks emerge victorious.

Vikings advancing

Vikings taking down some Rebels

Chewie vs Banner bearer. The Scout Trooper WAS harmed in the making of this video

All in all, Tribal was an enjoyable game, I'll be definitely playing it again for sure.


Pooch


No comments:

Post a Comment